Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tell Me about it Tuesday Welcomes Anne Petzer!

This week I am welcoming lovely Gypsy Shadow Author, Anne Petzer!


Meet Anne:

Anne is a South African currently living in Prague. She lives with her two cats, Zvonek who inspired the series and Metaxa, a feisty young lady who rules the household! Anne works as an English teacher in a private language school in the city.
Apart from writing she is an obsessive reader, loves cooking and entertaining her friends. Abhorring cruelty and violence of any kind she is an animal and children rights activist.

Moving to a landlocked country, after growing up in a coastal city, she has discovered a love for trees.






Q. Do you do any special research for your novels?

AHP: Yes I do. As my books include some Czech traditions, culture and folklore I research both on the internet and ask Czech friends to give me details. I also have a few books on the subject, All my characters are cats so for inspiration I will search cat breeds their habits, and appearance to use in the books. An example of that was Operation Catwalk. 

Q. What made you pick your particular genre?

AHP: I LOVE cats! That pretty much is it J. The story centers around my own two and the area of Prague where we live.

Q. What are you working on right now? Can you tell us about it?

AHP:  With pleasure. I have just completed Zvonek 08 Feline Intelligence season one and am currently working on the first book of season two. I usually write two stories per book. The first story, Cats in High Water, is based on last floods in Prague in June 2013 and was a request from my editor to think about writing it. It includes partial truth, but once read which part is truth is up to the reader decide. :)

Q. Do you ever hit the wall or find you've written yourself into a corner? How do you turn that around?

AHP: Not yet but then I haven’t been writing that long. What does tend to happen to me in most of the books I have written is that I get to a point where I am stumped as to how to continue. I usually know the end before I write the story and work backwards – weird I know. Somewhere during writing I can see two or more ways to get to my end and struggle with which one to choose.


Okay...enough with the business questions! How about some fun stuff. You know, just between the two of us.


Q. The opportunity to go on a surprise vacation arises. You have 90 minutes to pack and get to the airport. Where will you go and what will you pack?

AHP: Texas!  Seriously I have always wanted to go and, according to most Texans I have spoken to, have a romantic view of the state. Tall cowboys that tip their hats and say: “Howdy Ma’am” Pack jeans, tops and boots. 

Q. Are you more likely to be spotlighted on the TV show Hoarders or Fashion Police?

AHP: We don’t have these shows here in Europe, well Czech, so I had to Google them. Possibly Hoarders but after looking at some images on Google I don’t think I have quite reached that status yet. I think of myself as a collector rather ;). I ca’tn resist anything that has cats on it. I do collect anything that has cats on it. I have: cat salt and pepper shakers, candles, playing cards, books, statues, pencil case, key rings, and loads more.

Q. If they make a movie about your life, who do you want to play your part?

AHP: Ooo that’s a good one. Who would play me? Judy Dench, M from the James Bond series. As my novels are about a feline James Bond I think she would great and I love her.

Q. Tell us one thing about you that might surprise us...it can be a secret...we won't tell. :)

AHP: In my twenties I did body building and aspired to enter body building competitions. I trained 6 days a week and for quite some time I held the bench press record for ladies in my gym. I’ll save my secret for another day ;)


Please tell us about your book!



Last year my print book came out including all my e-books of Zvonek 08 Feline Intelligence. It’s great to get all of Zvonek’s adventures in order under one cover. It includes a Christmas story that includes a part of the Czech Christmas traditions.

 






Zvonek is smart, witty and fast, like many other cats. Unlike most other cats, however, Zvonek is also an agent with Feline Intelligence Czech Republic-Agent Zvonek 08, to be exact. Come with Zvonek and his partner Honza as they patrol the streets of Prague undercover on assignment. From a feline beauty pageant to a mysterious case of disappearing Christmas carp to a pair of international drug smugglers to a ring of unscrupulous rats beneath the city and more, the feline pals are on the move!




BUY IT!




More Anne
Blog 


2 comments:

  1. Go, Anne and Zvonek! Body builder, huh? How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zvonek is delightfully smart and witty--and would make an admirable foil for Judy Dench.

    ReplyDelete