Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tell Me About it Tuesday Welcomes Jennifer Wright!

I am super stoked to have another Totally Bound author with me today for Tell Me About it Tuesday! She's pretty awesome, and I am excited about our interview and her new book!

Meet Jen!

In her own words...


I was born in Arizona, but have spent the better part of my life in Wisconsin.  While I enjoy living close to my family, my heart longs to live in the South – or anywhere where the winters are warmer, and I hope to someday get there.  I love writing, and try to dedicate as much of my free time to it (ha! what free time?).  If I’m not typing away on my laptop, you’ll find me with my nose buried in a book, or with my loving boyfriend debating on what movie to watch and the never ending back and forth decision of what we should have for dinner.  I love spending time with my family and boyfriend, cuddling with my two cats, and laughing as much as possible (cuz I like to think I’m funny :-D ).
Some little tidbits about me are – I love horses and cats, I have a really big sweet-tooth, and I’ve been told I like to talk with my hands (insert hand gestures here).


Q. How has your journey in publishing been? Anything you would or wouldn’t do again?

It’s been amazing! I’ve got a great publisher (thank you Totally Bound!), an awesome editor (don’t know how I would’ve survived without her), a fantastic cover artist, and some wonderful support from fellow authors.

I wouldn’t change a thing!


Q. What advice do you have for someone who wants a career in writing?


Stay calm and keep writing. :) There’ll be plenty of bumps in the road – be prepared for rejections letters (it happens to us all) - but as long as you keep your passion for writing you’ll do just fine.


Q. What other interests or hobbies do you have outside of writing?


I love to read, of course :), but I also love watching movies and spending as much time with my family and my man as I can.


Q. Do you have a favorite story of the ones you’ve written, either published or not? Why?


My favorite story is actually Airos. There’s been an ongoing pull between Zane and Larken, and throwing Bo into the mix just blew my mind (I didn’t even see him coming – he just kind of snuck up on me, lol!). Writing Airos was a struggle, but one I was happy to trudge through. The twists and turns these three men threw at me made it very adventurous to write.




Okay...enough with the business questions! How about some fun stuff?




Q. If you won the lottery, what is the FIRST thing you’d do? What would you buy and why?


The first thing I’d do is take care of anything and everything that’ll make it so my entire family can live care-free. That’s it. I’m happy living simple. ;)


Q. When YOU read, what do you like to pick up?


Anything M/M! There is very little I don’t like to read…well, except for ménages and hardcore BDSM.


Q. Tell us one thing about you that might surprise us...it can be a secret...we won't tell. :)


I don’t like coffee and I’m not all that into chocolate. There, I said it, let the razzing begin!




Thanx for the awesome interview!

Now my fave part!

 
TELL US ABOUT THAT BOOK!  



As I said above, there has been an ongoing pull between Larken and Zane. Larken is in love with his best friend Zane, but Zane is none-the-wiser to it. In Airos, Bo, a dragon, is mistakenly (and I use that term loosely) ‘kidnapped’ by Larken and Damien. When Zane sees Bo, he’s torn by what he feels for the little dragon. Larken, of course, will have none of it, so he decided it was time to finally tell Zane how he feels.


Now, I will note, this is not a ménage story. This story is about Zane’s struggle of how he feels about both Bo and Larken and which man he will choose to be with.


Oh, and I’m happy to say that Airos made ARe’s Best Sellers list! Woohoo!
 


Blurb:


Zane has everything in his life under control and in order, but can he keep it that way when a young dragon is thrown into his life?


Zane was meant to be a warrior—end of story. Though he may not have had the most pleasant life living at the coven, he still loved being there. But the steadiness of his world came to a halt all within one day’s events. A man he never saw coming has pushed the boundaries of what little normalcy he has, and learning of a secret love is just confusing him even more. Zane has never felt more torn on what he should be feeling…and for whom. Though, if he assumed having two men plaguing his every waking thought was hard enough, learning of the danger his mother is in nearly has his head spinning off into another dimension.

The leader of the Dráguns is threatening to take everything away from him, his best friend is slipping further and further away from him, and a little dragon is managing to get under his skin in more ways than one. Sorting out what he has to do, what he wants, and what’s right for him will be the biggest challenge he’s ever been faced with. Will he follow his heart or will he take the easy path…or is the easy path the right path to begin with? 












 Buy it!

  




More Jen:

Facebook 
Twitter

Author pages at Totally Bound and Amazon
Goodreads





4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, CA, for having me as a guest! :)

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview Jen!
    I guess I should be pleased that there will be no fights over the last coffee when we room together at RT next year ;)
    Congratulations on Airos earning the best selling star at ARe, well deserved.
    Cheers,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jen,

    Congratulations on the ARE stars!

    I don't really care about chocolate either. So you are not alone.

    Hugs,
    Lisabet

    ReplyDelete