Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tell Me About it Tuesday Welcomes Genevieve Bergeron!

This week I'm welcoming fellow TEB author, Genevieve Bergeron!



Meet Gen!

Genevieve Bergeron has been an avid reader and writer of digital fiction for nearly two decades. A veteran journalist, children’s author and professional communicator, Genevieve now spends her time reading and writing hi-tech inspired romance and erotica, in addition to working a fast-paced day job as a communications director at a U.S.-based national nonprofit.
Genevieve, originally from Huntsville, Ala., has lived in New Orleans and Paris, and now resides in Washington, D.C., where she does her best to avoid any steamy political scandals. She holds a degree in International Communications and French from Tulane University and a Master’s Degree in Strategic and Digital Communications from Georgetown University. She loves collecting condoms, cooking for friends, and trying boxed wines.


Check out our interview!



 
Q. Do you do any special research for your novels?

If one would call it "research," then I'd have to say, "Sort of." I had never written a romance in a hospital setting until my most recent release, "Sorry, Bro." In preparation, I started watching copious amounts of "Grey's Anatomy." And when I confess, I usually get two reactions: shock that I had never seen an episode of "Grey's" before about six months ago and curiosity as to whether any of the anatomical/medical jargon/maladies/cures are correct. Luckily, the hospital serves as little more than a setting. I'll leave all technical matters to actual doctors.

Q. What’s your favorite genre to read? Do you write it?

I love science fiction and fantasy. A fantasy romance is on my to-do list.

Q. What are you working on right now? Can you tell us about it?

I'm on a brief hiatus from writing at the moment (darn day job), but I've begun research into construction workers as the stars of my next novella. Specifically, I've looked at ironworkers. While there's obviously something inherently sexy about hypermasculine-manly-men who lug heavy objects and bang tools, I think there's something extra special about men who do all that, plus build stunning, mind-bogglingly large bridges and skyscrapers.


Okay...enough with the business questions! How about some fun stuff. You know, just between the two of us.

Q. The opportunity to go on a surprise vacation arises. You have 90 minutes to pack and get to the airport. Where will you go and what will you pack?

Probably the Pacific Northwest because the scenery is stunning, and I know it well enough that a surprise vacation wouldn't be too much of a surprise. I travel light, hence I'd grab my carry-on, stuff it full of layerable clothes, a hat, my iPad, and I'm off!

Q. When YOU read, what do you like to pick up?

Science fiction, fantasy, and nonfiction. I love nonfiction on the New York Times bestseller list.

Q. Tell us one thing about you that might surprise us...it can be a secret...we won't tell. :)



well, it's drumroll time! tell us about that fantastic book!



"Sorry, Bro" is my second novella from Total E-Bound publishing. It's a little different than what you may expect from an M/M romance. It's heavy on the what-would-a-man-actually-do-and-think and light on the flowery prose. Especially the dialogue--I tried to channel my best guy friends and write as if they were talking over beers, the "bro's" and all!





 Blurb:

Still aching from the mistakes and denials of his past, this ER nurse could heal anyone but himself…until now.
Handsome, athletic and intelligent, twenty-six-year-old Bryce should be living the high life.
But he’s far from it.
After shunning his best baseball buddy in high school, dropping out of medical school and fleeing New York to put down roots—if only shallow ones—in New Orleans, Bryce is uncertain about both his past and his future. Working long hours as a low-level nurse and confined by a sexless relationship with a questionably devoted girlfriend, Bryce can’t shake the feeling that things should be somehow better now he’s escaped the confusion and indecision of his former life.
Yet when the ghost of Bryce’s high school past, the handsome and charismatic Tim, shows up injured in the ER, Bryce’s already turbulent emotions engulf him in a vortex of confusion and regret. Haunted by his own insensitivity towards Tim eight years before, Bryce first finds comfort in the powerful arms of a resident surgeon he barely knows, then gives Tim the explosive, cataclysmic relief he had denied him in high school. As Bryce comes to terms with his sexuality and recognises his undeniable attraction to both men, he must decide, once and for all, where his fidelity—and his desires—lie.


BUY IT!



More Gen:

For all Gen’s books published with Total E-Bound, visit her page at http://www.total-e-bound.com/authordetail.asp?A_ID=241.



No comments:

Post a Comment