Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tell Me About it Tuesday Welcomes JoAnna Grace!

So my friend Jo is going to be soon considered a frequent flyer on the 'ol blog, but I'm not complaining!

I'm so glad she stopped by for a little interview torture!

So without further ado, here's JoAnna!









Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Author. Coffee dependent Cheeze-Its addict with a dangerously vivid imagination & sleep deprivation issues. 

I've been writing as long as I can remember. I love fantasy and other worlds as well as stories about love conquering all. My goal is to offer escape to my readers as so many authors have done for me. Sometimes reality bites, give me something I can dream about!


YAY! She let me torture her with an interview!



Thanks for having me! I'm so excited to be here to share this novel with everyone.

(YAY! You're welcome any time, y'all Jo!)

Q. Do you do any special research for your novels?

A. For this one I had to take a look at the various deities throughout history. I've always had a fascination with Greek Mythology and so I knew I wanted to go with them. I took what I thought would fit with my books and made up the rest! That's the joy of writing fiction. 

Q. What’s your favorite genre to read? Do you write it?

A. I love almost any romance but paranormal is my favorite by far. I started out writing contemporary and I still do. But one night I was writing and decided I really wanted this guy to be a werewolf and bam! my contemporary became a paranormal! 

Q. What are you working on right now? Can you tell us about it?

A. I have two different projects going on at once. I'm writing the prequel to Divine Destiny. When we first meet Avery she's in the middle of chaos. The reader gets a hint of back story, but the prequel will really spell it out. And we get to see how Ryse and Avery meet! My other project is a shapeshifter series about a small Pride on the run. I hope to release that this Fall.

Q. Did you ever write a character you didn’t like? Or one that gave you problems, going against your intentions for them or your story? 

A. YES! I had one character that started out as that supportive role, the cute guy that flirts too much. My heroine is waiting on the hero to show up for a little late night rendezvous and when she answers the door… there stands not the hero, but the flirt. I remember snatching my hands from the keyboard and mentally having a conversation with this guy. LOL! I wanted to know what the heck he was doing at her house and he told me he was about to kill her. Needless today, we argued! But in the end, he was right. It was just the twist the story needed. And yes, if you read Divine Destiny, you will know exactly who I am talking about. 



Okay...enough with the business questions! How about some fun stuff. You know, just between the two of us.

We are writers, we don't keep secrets. Everything comes out before the last page! LOL!

(Editor's note: A part me doesn't like that I have to agree here.)

Q. The opportunity to go on a surprise vacation arises. You have 90 minutes to pack and get to the airport. Where will you go and what will you pack?

A. Ooh! I have always wanted to take a cruise/tour of the Mediterranean see and the port cities there. Start in Spain hit Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Israel, Cairo. maybe end up in Morocco! Yes ma'am. And I would take only the clothes necessary because I would buy as many souvenirs as possible! My iPhone and computer for sure. There would be a lot of inspirational writing! 

Q. When YOU read, what do you like to pick up?

A.  ANYTHING written by Nalini Singh- I love her! When I want to LMFAO- Molly Harper. Love the vampire YA: Twilight, House of Night, Vampire Academy. Then the Divas of paranormal: Christine Feehan, Patricia Briggs, JR Ward, Pamela Palmer.
And of course: C.A. Szarek!  

(Editor's note: Awwwww, tanx!)

Q. If they make a movie about your life, who do you want to play your part?

A. That's hard! It would have to be a woman with meat on her bones! Gimme a squishy actress. Can Hugh Jackman play my husband, though??? Please!!! 

Q. Tell us one thing about you that might surprise us...it can be a secret...we won't tell. :) 

A. I nearly became a therapist. I've always taken pride in my ability to see two sides of every story. Even in high school my friends would come to me for relationship advice and they would get upset because I would try to get them to see the other person's POV. I took a few college courses in physiology, but I'm a writer at heart. I took that empathic ability and used it to my advantage with characters. 

Druuuuummmmroolllll please, tell us about the book!


Divine Destiny began as a nightmare. Shocker, I know. But I dreamt of a girl who was rescued by a scary brute. I actually 'built' Ryse before I worked on Avery. I knew what type of hero I wanted him to be and I created a woman accordingly.
Avery's life is a hellacious mess when we first meet her. Ryse is a warrior and it's his job to get her to safety.
This book tracks her journey as she learns who she really is, who Ryse really is, and what it means to be a Divine Grace. Avery finds a new family, makes new friends, and has trials that leave her wondering if she can fulfill the role set before her.

Thanks again for hosting me! Hope you enjoy Divine Destiny!
 




 
 Blurb:


The gods work in mysterious ways…

Avery McClain is normal. Or so she thinks.
Until her life is shattered and she is rescued by a Thracian warrior. He takes her to the Haven, a realm of safety for the magical race of Olympians. There she discovers her life was meant for a higher calling as the mate of an Olympian Prince.
Her choice will change everything.
Ryse Castille has one job: convince Avery to step into her role as a Divine Grace. As with any mission, there are obstacles to overcome. Including the fact he is captivated by her. Of all the gifts the gods have given him, romance was not included. But Avery belongs to him and he will stop at nothing to protect her.
The enemy might be closer than they think.
Can Avery find the courage to embrace her destiny? Or will evil separate them for eternity?


Buy It!


More JoAnna:

Website 
Blog 
Twitter 

 





2 comments:

  1. Q. If they make a movie about your life, who do you want to play your part?

    I would pick someone like Emily VanCamp or maybe Reese Witherspoon... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Revenge or Sweet Home Alabama! Nice choices!

      Delete