Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tell Me About it Tuesday Welcomes Taige Crenshaw!

Okay, so I have to have a fangirl moment, cuz I absolutely ADORE Taige's books and I am SO thrilled she's on my blog this week! Everyone pick up her books NOW!


Without further ado, meet Taige!

Taige Crenshaw is an multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books, Total-E-Bound and Loose Id.

She writes novels set in today between people who know what they want and  how to get it. As well as in the future of vast universes between beautiful, strange and unique beings with lots of spice and sensuality added to her work.

Taige Crenshaw has been enthralled with the written word from time she picked up her first book.  It wasn’t long before she started to make up her own tales of romance.
 
With novels set in today, in alternate dimensions, or in the future she writes with adventure, fun sassy heroine's, and sexy hero's.
 
Always hard at work creating new and exciting places Taige can be found curled up with a hot novel with exciting characters when she is not creating her own. Join her in the fun, frolic, interesting people  and far reaches of the world in her novels.




Q. How has your journey in publishing been? Anything you would or wouldn’t do again?

My journey has been one of adventure and learning. As a writer we are always learning to grown and better our craft.  We learn how to work with various publishers, editors and other publishing industry people. I’ve enjoyed the experiences I’ve had and each had been a learning moment. The adventure is getting to know characters as I write them and living the moments with them.
I can’t think of anything I would do different since each experience has helped shape who I am as a writer and the future ones will shape me further.  

Q. What advice do you have for someone who wants a career in writing?

Write then let it go and write some more. What I mean by that is don’t just write one book and nitpick over it. Polish it till it shines then let the book go off to beta readers, crit partner or someone else who is a fresh set of eyes. Once you have that feedback and take what works for your book and throw out what doesn’t (not everything you get from feedback will work with your vision of the book) you get to the next step. Then you send it to publishers. While you were waiting for feedback from the second pair of eyes you should have already started working on your next. Don’t wait around for one book to be subbed then wait for reply before you start the next. The more you write the more you get into the mindset of creating. Each book you write makes you a stronger writer.  You are honing your craft and making it better. Also of course make sure you know your craft so you can polish that book to a shine.  

Q. What other interests or hobbies do you have outside of writing?

I have lots of other thing I do creatively and they recharge my writing. I love to draw. I’m an avid seamstress. I can whip up an outfit quick if I have to go someplace special and have nothing to wear. I love to cook. I’m a voracious reader. My library in my house and on my computer is massive. That’s one of the first things you notice when you come to my house.   

Q. Do you have a favorite story of the ones you’ve written, either published or not? Why?

No I don’t have a favorite. That’s like asking a parent to choose their favorite child. That is not something you can choose. I created all my stories and they all have a part of me in them. They are all my favorites.

Okay...enough with the business questions! How about some fun stuff?

Q. If you won the lottery, what is the FIRST thing you’d do? What would you buy and why?

I would fly to my big sister and then buy her, her dream home. I would buy that first because she is my rock and I love her.  

Q. When YOU read, what do you like to pick up?

I read all genres and it is matter of what I am in the mood for at the time. Sometimes I want historical romances then another horror, then others mystery or just romance. Comedy. I just want an excellent read that will take me on an adventure. 

Q. Tell us one thing about you that might surprise us...it can be a secret...we won't tell. :)

I plead the fifth so I can’t incriminate myself. LOL. :)


LOL! I love your answers, thank you for the AWESOME interview. Now tell us about that book!








Dark Callings (Phoenix Intelligence Agency, Book #3) is about the destiny of Lennox S’chaech and Harmony Davis. They seem like opposites but they are meant to be. These two characters each have their own way of doing things. Lennox is take charge and fights to protect those he cares about. He doesn’t dare give in to what he knows is meant for him and Harmony. Harmony on the other hand is viewed as laid back but she knows more than anyone that life is about choices. She refuses to back down from the choice of going after Lennox. He is stubborn but she is determined...and together they are have a destiny awaiting them.

Lennox might not want to fulfill the call of destiny believing that it is for the best but Harmony has other ideas. Their journey is an interesting one. One that has twists and turns then comes down to taking a jump to believe in each other. Harmony uses teasing, belief and determination to get her man. Lennox resists due to stubbornness, honor and he wants to protect her from the possibility of being hurt because of him. Life is complex and the things that happen don’t always go according to plans. Each person has a place in this world that they must fulfill...destiny. Lennox and Harmony have no control over when destiny will strike. When it comes, they had better hang on for the ride that takes them on...Dark Callings.

There are many more books to come in the Phoenix Intelligence Agency series. It is a continuing series which I don’t have an end-point number for books yet. There is so much more to tell in the world I’ve built with this series. 

Buy it!


More Taige:
Blog 
Chat room: Crenshaw Cafe  
Sign up for her newsletter
Email Taige

No comments:

Post a Comment