Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tell Me About it Tuesday welcomes Suz deMello!

This week I'm excited to share with you an award winning multi-published author made of awesome!

Welcome Suz deMello!! I am so excited she stopped by. Interviewing her was a lot of fun!

So, without further ado, meet Suz!




Best-selling, award-winning author Suz deMello, a.k.a Sue Swift, has written over sixteen romance novels in several subgenres, including erotica, comedy, historical, paranormal, mystery and suspense, plus a number of short stories and non-fiction articles on writing. A freelance editor, she’s worked for Total-E-Bound, Ai Press, and Liquid Silver Books. She also takes private clients.

Her books have been favorably reviewed in Publishers Weekly, Kirkus and Booklist, won a contest or two, attained the finals of the RITA and hit several bestseller lists.

A former trial attorney, her passion is world travel. She’s left the US over a dozen times, including lengthy stints working overseas. She’s now writing a vampire tale and planning her next trip.





Q. Do you do any special research for your novels?

I often write historicals, so yes, quite a bit. Right now I’m writing Scottish vampires in Regency London. Although I’ve written a couple of Regencies before, there’s always something popping up. I really enjoy this aspect of my work.
There’s research in every genre, though. I once wrote a contemporary that was set in Alaska, Seducing the Hermit, and though I’d visited Alaska, I still researched it thoroughly.

Q. What’s your favorite genre to read? Do you write it?

YA paranormal, stuff like The Hunger Games and Harry Potter, but no, I don’t write it. Yet.

Q. What are you working on right now? Can you tell us about it?

As I stated, Scottish vampires in Regency London, and yes, I can tell you about it. Tentatiely entitled Rakes in Tartan, it’s the third in my bestselling Clan Kilburn’s Vampires series. With mega-hot BDSM sex and drained bodies found in the Thames, it’s great fun to write and will be fun to read, also.

Q. Did you ever write a character you didn’t like? Or one that gave you problems, going against your intentions for them or your story?

I frequently write erotic romance with a mystery or suspense subplot, and often my villains are quite dislikable. I likened one to a coiled snake. Another was simply slime in a suit. Many are treacherous and/or stupid, which is why they end up dead or drained.



Okay...enough with the business questions! How about some fun stuff. You know, just between the two of us.


Q. The opportunity to go on a surprise vacation arises. You have 90 minutes to pack and get to the airport. Where will you go and what will you pack?

I’ll go to Venice and pack a couple of masks.

Q. When YOU read, what do you like to pick up?

YA paranormal or nonfiction relating to human sexuality. Next on my reading list is Bonk by Mary Roach.

Q. If they make a movie about your life, who do you want to play your part?

Susan Sarandon

Q. Tell us one thing about you that might surprise us...it can be a secret...we won't tell. :)

I’m a fabulous vegetarian cook.


Now for my favorite part! Tell us about that new book!!!!!! 



My latest release from Ellora’s Cave is Gypsy Witch. It’s dear to my heart, being set in Sacramento, where I live. I got the idea for the paranormal aspect of it from the doorway of the Masonic Temple downtown—I’ve attached a photo of it.



That's really cool looking and I'm not surprised Suz was inspired by it! By the way, I ADORE the cover of this book!


Blurb:

The Sacramento Sheriff's Department is no place for airy-fairy wimps, and Ben McCullough is the toughest of the tough. He tells himself he's bedding the luscious Elena Lautari only because she's a babe, not because she's a card-carrying member of the Northern California Church of Wicca. Ben thinks she's a feather away from an arrest for fraud, since she makes a living telling fortunes and making charms for the lovelorn. He can't see her as a lifelong mate even though she's more than a match for him in the sack, and losing her is unthinkable.

But Elena is the real deal, a modern witch of much power and even more restraint. When her daughter, Gina, steals her mother's spell book and uses it to shatter the fabric of existence and release an ancient evil, Elena must put reality back in place—even if she loses Ben in the process. Will Ben and Elena's fragile love be lost with the revelation of her magic?

Maybe, but there are others ready to heal her battered heart. When Ben's partner attempts to claim Elena, will Ben move aside or move in?



If you like what you read, click below to buy the story and check out the rest of Suzie’s sexy books!



  BUY IT!




More Suz:
Website
Facebook
Blog  

Twitter:@ReadThis4fun
For editing services, email her at suzswift@yahoo.com


Thank you for being on my blog today, Suz!


4 comments:

  1. Thanx for stopping by! Come back anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting questions! And great interview. Good luck with your sales, Suz!

    ReplyDelete