Monday, November 12, 2012

Author Tag: I'm IT!

A good friend of mine, the lovely Jerrie Alexander tagged me with this fun 10 question game about my WIP.

Jerrie's first book, The Green Eyed Doll, releases 12/7/12. It's romantic suspense, sounds awesome and I can't WAIT to read it! Check out her website!

Honestly, I am working on a few things right now, but after just finishing up some revisions on my romantic suspense, Collision Force for a potential publisher, I decided to spotlight what *should* be my focus next, my sequel to my first book Sword's Call, that comes out early 2013.

So, here goes. Hope you enjoy. Comments encouraged, and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.



What is your working title of your book?
Love’s Call

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I’m not sure I can nail it down to one thing. This is the #2 book in my fantasy/romance series and when I finished the first one, Sword’s Call Book 1 of the King’s Riders Series (releases April 2013 from Gypsy Shadow Publishing) the hero of Love’s Call, Leargan, kinda “told” me it was his turn.

What genre does your book fall under?
It’s Fantasy/Romance. Think dragons, elves, magic.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I hadn’t really thought of that. A hot guy w/ dark hair and eyes and a pretty redheaded girl. Hehehe.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A handsome knight ordered to marry his former captain’s daughter, who is a messenger in the King’s service and falls in love with her in the process. Little does he know, she is already in love with him. (I realize that sounds crappy. I am kinda stumped with these things. I promise it’s good, magic and adventure included!)

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It will be published by Gypsy Shadow Publishing. Probably late 2013 or early 2014.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I don’t exactly traditionally draft. I usually end up keeping most of my words. But I have been working on this story for a few years, and honestly a lot of it will probably go in the editing process. Right now, I would stay the heart of the story is about 95% completed from start to finish.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
No specific titles come to mind. My world has dragons, elves, magic, castles, kick-ass females, alpha males and a historical-ish flare. Sometimes even a quest or two. Sword fights and battles! I write epic fantasy. (this time anyways, I dabble in many genres!)

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I have always adored fantasy. I grew up reading the great ones, but Anne McCaffrey is my favorite. She’s the reason I write and love this genre.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Hot guys, a great love story, and a dragon. Who could want more? *wink*


If you're an author and you want to play, drop me a tweet or a FB PM (links on the right) and I will email you the questions. I would love and appreciate to be tagged! 

 I'm tagging:

Lavender Daye

Michelle Varnier 

Gina Lee Nelson

5 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with kick-ass females and alpha males. The book sounds awesome.

    Thanks for playing along. Much luck and many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always fascinates me to learn what other writers have inspired writers. Ann McCaffery is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the Crystal Singer series again right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, fellow fantasy writer. I also have the Next Big Thing Blog post up on my blog. They are fun to read and you WIP sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete