Saturday, January 7, 2012

Resolutions... ?

Well, maybe this is a bit late, considering it's very early on Jan 7th, but I decided a few things...

in 2012 I resolve to do a whole buncha stuff, none of which is horribly difficult. Well, maybe one...or two...hehehehe

1). STOP cussing. Sometimes I feel like a sailor, or a truck driver, and honestly, it's UNNECESSARY. (I should point out that I have already broken this resolution about 1000 times since Jan 1...same as last year)

2). Lose Weight. (This one has been on the list, oh, about 20 years)

3. CEASE with being the LAZIEST WRITER in the UNIVERSE.
Included in this is, work. Just plain WORK on writing EVERY day. Even if it's only a paragraph.
I feel so guilty when I am not writing. Don't worry, it's not too much self-imposed pressure, but when I am at work all I am thinking about is writing, and then when I am home, or free, I DON'T. It's point blank UNACCEPTABLE for me as a person.
Also a part of this, is that I would like to be more of a Plotter than the Panster I SOOO am. I would like to do more than short notes to myself and short character sketches. I don't outline, I need to. I think it would help me organize my thoughts and make me a better writer all around.

I think that's about it. Finishing my 2nd and 3rd books in my Call series as well as work on the wolf-shifters and the other things floating around in my head all fall into #3 Resolution so I think I'm good.

Nothing a little determination won't solve! I CAN DO IT! :)

What about you guys? What did you resolve to make of your 2012?

3 comments:

  1. Good goals but really tough goals! Sounds like you're just a tad bit hard on yourself! Break down your writing goals into smaller tasks. Tasks you can achieve, pat yourself on the back and move to the next one.

    Barb Han beat on me until I developed a business plan for 2011. I liked it so well(the plan not the beating) that I've already completed 2012. It includes my goals and what steps I plan to take to reach those goals.

    Most of all, set goals you can achieve. And don't beat yourself up if you miss one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy -- my resolution is this: I resolve to only set goals that are realistic. Nothing too outlandish. LOL Simple things like putting in a small garden, running in a 5k by the end of the year, etc., getting my business up and running. But most of all to journal every day. Norma J Teter -- A Taste From 206

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Jerrie. I need to work on my writing goals seriously and I will. :)

    Norma: That is A GREAT idea! Realistic is the best way to go!

    ReplyDelete