Monday, January 23, 2012

The Alphabet Game (Writer Alphabet Soup?)

Okay, so this so sooooo not original. I am going to do something I stole from an author I love, L.J. McDonald and I think she found it somewhere else on the web. Anyways, it should be fun. (the link will take you to her blog and you can check our HER Alphabet Game...her books are AWESOME, btw.)


I know I'm not published yet, but I have all these things in my head about my characters and my world, and I thought I could share them with you.


I will also post the blurb for the first book in my series, Sword's Call so those of you who know NOTHING about it won't be lost. ;)  but, I will have a little description before each short, as well. And as you know, there is an excerpt of my 3rd book, Dragon's Call on my "Pieces of Me" page here. (aka THE HOTMESS at the moment. ;) )


I am excited. I have the first one done (entitled "A is for Ash"), and it really got my juices flowing. I have been a bit stifled lately as far as writing is concerned.


I will post it shortly. I am contemplating "B" right now. :)


Blurb for Sword's Call:


For generations, the Ryhans, ruling family of the Province of Greenwald have been keepers of a sword that is rumored to possess enough magic to defeat kings. Lord Varthan, a former archduke and betrayer of the king, covets the sword and invades Greenwald.

Lady Ceralda Ryhan, daughter of the murdered duke, gains the sword and flees, trusting only her white wolf, Trikser—magically bonded to her—and needs nothing more to aid in her fight.

Jorrin Aldern, half elfin and half human, left his home in the mountains of Aramour to find his human father who disappeared twenty turns before, but finds Cera with Varthan and his shades on her tail instead. His dual heritage and empathic magic will tempt Cera in ways she never thought she’d desire. Convincing Cera to trust him and show her love is better than redemption will put more than just their hearts on the line.
Hope you enjoy the teaser of Sword's Call and my little shorts to come!
 
  
All rights reserved; copyright © C. A. Szarek. The text within may not be reproduced in whole or in part or distributed in any form whatsoever OR SOLD without first obtaining permission from the author.

1 comment:

  1. Had to strangle blogger but it finally gave up and let me post!! You're too fun!!

    Your blurb is awesome. Keep writing and submitting and it will happen for you!!

    ReplyDelete